Friday, November 7, 2014

A Real Night Out - Our Anniversary

This weekend is our anniversary. On Sunday we will celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary and I can honestly say I can't believe it's been 12 years! My husband mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was making anniversary plans and to see if my parents would be willing to watch McKinley for the evening. However, he never volunteered specifics. I was curious if it was a surprise, and when I inquired, I was told he was looking into something and was waiting for a return phone call.

I grew more curious everyday and everyday he said nothing. Then last weekend I asked him if the evening was a surprise or just something he was still planning. It turns out he had planned an evening upon the Kansas Belle. The Kansas Belle is a dinner train that runs for three hours, serves a three course meal, and we were going to sit in the USO car which would supply entertainment along the route. It sounded like the best evening ever! That is until we started reading the fine print which indicated if anyone experiences motion sickness, this might not be the event for you. My husband suffers from motion sickness and I just couldn't have him take this train ride and be miserable. So now we are headed to Plaza III and I'm so excited. We've never dined there and I'm really looking forward to an adult evening!

Because it's such a special occasion, I've been on the hunt for a special look. I've narrowed it down to six pieces and I honestly can't decide! I love a dress, but I also love a jumpsuit. I always wear black, so I'm thinking of adding either color or graphic prints. Here's what I've picked!

One: Ann Taylor/Two: Piperlime/Three: Piperlime
Four: Piperlime/Five: Ann Taylor/Six: Piperlime

If you were headed for a night with your guy, which one would you pick? I love them all. Think I could find an occasion for six new pieces? I'm sure I could! I mean the holidays are coming up, right?

Happy Friday, Fashionistas!

No comments: