Thursday, November 19, 2015

Cocktail Confessions - Souped Up Hot Cocoa

 I think it's safe to say that the chilly fall weather has settled in here in Kansas City. It's been rainy, dreary, windy, and just flat out cold! Yesterday afternoon, when layers of clothing weren't cutting it, I decided I needed something else to help take the chill off. When that happens, I usually reach for hot tea or hot chocolate. I also needed little something to help curb my sweet tooth so hot chocolate it was! Then I started thinking....what would make hot chocolate just a little bit more tasty? Booze! That's when I decided to soup up my cup of cocoa!

What You Will Need:
Hot Cocoa Mix, Hot Water, Peppermint Schnapps, Chocolate Liqueur,
and Marshmallows
 

Whip up a cup of your favorite hot cocoa! 


Add one shot of Chocolate Liqueur.


Add one shot of Peppermint Schnapps.


Mix all of that together and top with extra large marshmallows. A huge dollop of whipped cream would be amazing. Shaved chocolate over that would be extra decadent. And bits of peppermint candies over that.....well you get the idea!

What do you think? Ready to take your hot chocolate to the next level? Bring on the cold weather!

Cheers!

No comments: