Monday, November 16, 2015

A Reflection

 Sweater: Piperlime (similar); T-Neck: Target; Jeans: Loft (similar); Boots: J.Crew (similar); 
Handbag: Pour la Victoire (great option); Jewelry; Stella & Dot

 Sunday was a cool fall day with a bit of a wintry sky. We had originally thought of spending the afternoon at the zoo, but wound up at the Museum at Prairie Fire. McKinley is currently obsessed with dinosaurs and is constantly asking for a trip to see Sue. So since a trip to Chicago isn't in the near future, we decided to take him to the next best thing. The T-Rex display in the Great Hall of the museum. He was thrilled! We were relieved. From there, we spent some time in the Discovery Center where McKinley dug for bones, tried on masks from various cultures around the world, and explored the tanks of bearded dragons, corn snakes, tarantulas, and shell turtles. I was thankful they were all behind glass!

Speaking of glass, the front of the museum is a spectrum of various glass colors in staggering heights. It's stunning to see! I took advantage of the backdrop for today's outfit post and Joel took a more artistic eye behind the lens. He loved that he could capture my reflection for a different take on my blog photos. I'm so glad he did! I have to say that this is one of the best shoots we've had together in a while!

As for the look, I've worn this sweater in so many ways, yet I never tire of it. It's a mix of wool, faux fur, and my beloved t-neck style! It is definitely a piece that is the epitome of my style. Dark skinny jeans, tall boots, and gold accessories cap off the look. And I've brought back my trusty black tote. A classic that literally holds my life!



 


The Sweater: Before and After

    


Hope you had a fabulous weekend and that your week is a styling one!

Happy Monday!

No comments: