Sunday, May 22, 2011

Post Pregnancy Stripes


Top: Ann Taylor Loft; Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft; Shoes: Farylrobin via Habitat Shoe Boutique; Ring: ??; Bracelets: Both from the Shafer House located in Jefferson City, MO; Earrings: Silpada


I wore this top so many times during my pregnancy that I wasn’t sure I would want to wear it again! (See it here) I was wrong. It’s light weight, and for now, really roomy! Later, when I’ve lost some additional weight, I’m thinking I can belt it to give it a little more shape. The cropped jeans are new, and because they fit so well, I bought then in a dark wash as well.


I decided to play with some older pieces of jewelry and add a little color with accessories. Right now the big trend is to layer large bangle bracelets, but I wanted a more delicate look. The multiple tiny bracelets are made from elastic with sea beads and small charms. The cuff is two sterling silver beads with a red glass bead. I really like the contrast to the large pieces I normally wear. Because the bracelets had a little turquoise tone, I added that same color with my earrings and ring.




These shoes are the first pair I ever purchased from Habitat Shoe Boutique. At that time, the store was located in the Cross Roads District, but today they are in the 119th shopping center located at 119th and Roe. I didn’t wear them at all last summer and I can’t recall why! They are really comfortable and on trend with the woven sole and chunky heel. This is how you do laid back spring comfort!



 

No comments: