Thursday, May 19, 2011

Brass Detail


Jacket: Marc by Marc Jacobs via Century 21; T-Neck: Ann Taylor; Jeans: Gap Maternity; Shoes: Moshino Cheap and Chic; Necklace: Ann Taylor


I took McKinley to visit Joel at work earlier this week and I wanted both of us to look our best! McKinley was adorable in yellow and I hadn’t a clue what to wear! In all honestly, I’ve started planning his outfits before I’ve even given mine a thought. I started this outfit by just browsing my closet and trying on different blazers. There are several options for future looks, but I felt they were a little too dressy for just a walk around the office.


I purchased this jacket last summer at Century 21 in New York. If you ever have a chance to shop this amazing store, do! I generally have pretty good luck. It’s all discounted designer clothing and when I say discounted I mean it. Be prepared to dig through racks of clothing. They do a fairly decent job in labeling the racks, but items don’t always get put back where they belong. And, the dressing room line is usually pretty lengthy, so if you are like me and don’t mind putting clothes on over your own clothing, go for it! A good rule of thumb, if it fits over your clothing, it will fit when you get home!


On this particular day, I thought it was cooler than it really was and I would have been better off with sleeveless versus long sleeves, but I like the overall outcome. This jacket is perfect for late spring/early summer with 3/4 sleeves and the light weight cotton. And, the color is perfect when transitioning to fall. I love the details as well. The off-center closure, the large brass buttons and the side buckles that help cinch your waist to the perfect fit, are what make the jacket so unique.  



In addition to the details of the jacket, I decided to add a very detailed necklace. I love the tassle and plan to wear it more than I have! As for the shoes, I wasn’t sure which ones to go with so I decide on psuedo neutral brown heels. They aren’t super comfy for walking, which I found out all to early in our adventure, but we must suffer through the pain in order to complete the look, right?


No comments: