Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Making Vintage Modern

To: Vintage J.C.Penney (similar); Shorts: Target (similar): Sandals: Tory Burch (similar); 
Bag: Kate Spade (similar); Earrings: Gorjana; Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs; 
Lip Color:  Ruby Opera L'Oreal Extraordinaire (c/o PeopleStyleWatch)

I'm going to be honest. I purchased this top several years ago as a costume piece. I wore it for a party and then put it away in the costume trunk for another day. When cleaning out said trunk, I pulled out this top and immediately wondered why I ever thought of it as just a costume piece! It may be vintage, but it's still so chic and current!

I first tried pairing it with my beloved denim cutoffs, but it just didn't look right. The volume of the top mixed with the wide leg cutoffs, it created a little too much width. I grabbed my white shorts and it was a perfect combo! I added fun sandals, gold dangle earrings, and a summery bag for a very modern day look. I love when vintage doesn't look vintage at all! I my book, vintage equals timeless!




  

Would you guess that this top was vintage? Let's discuss!

No comments: