Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Trend: Ankle Boots with Cut-Offs

There's a big trend in town and it's super chic and cool for summer. It's all about pairing denim cut-offs with darling ankle boots and I love it...on them. I'm actually terrified of the trend for myself. But, there is a part of me that's dying to give it a try. I mean, I have every element in my closet so I wouldn't have to shop for anything. What I'm lacking is confidence! See how the celebs, Heidi Klum, Nicole Ritchie, and Rachel Bilson have styled the trend effortlessly!


So threw together a style board of how I would wear this look. I own the Rachel Zoe shorts featured, and from the day the arrived on my doorstep, I have worn them non stop! (They are literally in the wash every weekend. I just haven't a captured a photo....yet!). With the shorts, I'm thinking cute peasant tops, sleeveless tops, and cute drapey ones as well. The booties can run the gamut. I love the idea of a low cowboy bootie, but the chunky heel of the gray ones are super chic as well.


Tops from J.Crew Factory: 1/2/3
Shorts: Rachel Zoe
Booties from Sole Society: 1/2/3 (on major sale)

What do you think of this current trend? If you own any or all pieces, give it a shot! I think in the coming weeks I'm going to put my nerves aside and just go for it! 

No comments: