Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm Back!


Sweater: Banana Republic; T-Shirt: Target; Jeans: Gap Maternity; Flats: Jessica Simpson via Macy’s; Belt: Off of a dress; Necklace: Banana Republic


Have you missed me? I have to admit, I’ve missed blogging. As most of you know, I gave birth to a sweet baby boy on April 6th and I am loving motherhood! He is perfect, to us, and the most handsome man I’ve met since my husband! I will blog about him later and post tons of photos. As you can imagine, he will be the best dressed little man you know. Just wait and see!


Yesterday was my first doctor’s appointment since McKinley was born and I felt the best I have since his arrival. We’ve had a couple of other outings, but to be honest the outfits weren’t blog worthy. I felt like yesterday’s ensemble was a great way to dive back in! I’ve tried on pre-pregnancy jeans, but alas they don’t fit. I have to remind myself that I’m only 16 days postpartum so maternity jeans will have to do for a while. I am down half of my pregnancy weight so give me some time, and several walks through the neighborhood, and I will be back in my jeans in no time!


I was so excited at the thought of belting something that I had to add a belt to this sweater. It comes with a self belt but I thought that patten leather added a little something to the look. For summer, I’m thinking of adding cute tanks/camis and fun belts in either neutral or bright colors. The options are endless with this putty color. Gladiators and sandals will be a great replacement for the flats as well.


I am so excited that spring is around the corner. It has been teasing us for weeks, but I’m pretty sure it will be here any day now. With that being said, Happy Easter or Passover depending on the holiday you celebrate at home!


No comments: